During the last 20 years more and more men choose to remove some or all of their body hair. First, it was the swimmers and bodybuilders, then all the athletes. In most professional settings, a clean shaven appearance is mandatory. So whether you are required to shave or your girlfriend prefers that you have smooth skin and you think that waxing is too painful, shaving has become the necessary option.
Unfortunately, razor bumps are not uncommon to men with coarse or curly hair from all cultures and walks of life. They are especially common for black men. Some statistics estimate that up to 85% of black men may experience razor bumps after shaving. Why?
The process of razor blade shaving actually cuts the hair at an angle, making it sharp. Curly hair will then curl back toward the skin, puncturing it, and the hairs become ingrown. This leads to red bumps and skin irritation, which can be very painful for some men.
Razor bumps, also called Pseudofollicultis Barbae, can occur in any area that hair is temporarily removed by shaving, waxing or tweezing. These painful bumps and pustules occur when hairs curl back into the skin causing your body to perceive them as “foreign” (like a splinter) and produce an inflammatory response. This inflammation can cause bumps, pus, discoloration and keloidal scars.
Fight back with the only safe and effective solution to painful razor bumps, razor burns, and prevention of keloids: The Dermagen Skin Revival System!
Why men use the Dermagen Skin Revival System?
Many of our male clients have responded with the comments below:
- I have to shave at least twice a week or daily
- I suffered from Razor Bumps and Razor Burn
- I have curly hair
- I receive a shave at the barber as a luxury
- I use products recommended to me by professionals
- I want to look better and have smoother skin
- I have a partner with sensitive skin
- I spend at least $30 a month on grooming products
- I go to a gym or work out weekly
- I work in fashion or I am fashion concerned
- I believe my appearance is one of my greatest assets
- I prefer to use natural products when available
- I am a repeat customer of select grooming centers
- I think more highly of barbers and grooming professionals who offer good retail products
- I like my image stylist to use the same products they sell at retail
- I have invested in waxing or other personal grooming services
- I know someone who recommended Dermagen